“ Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow. --Imogen Cunningham

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend Recap

It was going to be a beautiful weekend so we thought that we would go fishing on Saturday and afterwards go to Green Bay to my In-Law's house to eat some pho (noodle).

We went fishing early in the morning. We did not catch any white bass nor any kind of fish. Oh well, I think we caught enough from last weekend's fishing extravaganza. I was kind of getting sick of fishing anyways. After about 3 hours and not a single bite, we decided to head to Green Bay. On our way there, we decided to stop on by Bay Beach to check out the new ride which was the Zippin Pippin roller coaster that was brand new this year. Also, we stopped there because my oldest daughter Selina was there already along with my sister and nephew. She didn't go fishing with us but instead left early in the morning to go to Green Bay.

Pictures below of our little fishing trip early in the morning.

My son Brandon fishing. It wasn't even cold but he wore his coat.


 Below: My baby Princeton. Goofing around as usual.
 Look how naughty he is...constantly touching the little minnows and getting himself wet!
 Below: My niece Heaven went with us too.
 Below: My daughter Paris...playing very close to the edge of the water. Had to yell at her and Heaven constantly to move away from the edge of the water.

 Below: Princeton again.......he can't seem to get enough with playing with the water and the minnows.

So after fishing, we stopped in Green Bay at Bay Beach.

The new roller coaster at Bay Beach!! Zippin Pippin!! FYI: Each ride will coast 4 tickets per person. Which is $1.00 per ride because tickets costs $.25.

 Below: The younger kids waited as well as I to watch their dad and older sisters Selina and Chyna take a ride on the Zippin Pippin. Kids had to be 48" in order to ride. Brandon didn't want to ride it because he was scared. I could care less for it either. I'm afraid of heights!!

 Below: Hubby, Selina and Chyna waiting patiently in line to get on the roller coaster.
 Below: After the roller coaster we decided to take the whole family to ride on the Farris Wheel. Princeton got impatient and crabby.

Below: Princeton does not look too happy.

It started raining when we got onto the Farris Wheel. That was fun riding on the Farris Wheel while it was raining!! Princeton LOVED it!! I on the other hand.......was a chicken and I still am!! I will refuse to go on it by myself!! They had to all talk me into riding that sucker!! I just hate heights!!

After Bay Beach, we headed to my In-Law's house to go eat some pho (noodles). Boy oh boy, was it super yumi! Thanks Ka for the pho!!!! After eating, we all just sat around, talked and watched movies. Later on, we decided to spend the night there so that we could do some drinking and playing cards. It was nice to have the somewhat whole family there. Missing were Tong, his wife and child. It was a jam packed house...which was awsome!

Pictures from spending time with the in-laws.
 Below: Okay....I didn't take this picture! Jo took this of my hubby's butt! And yes, Jo was proud of taking it too!
 Below: Jo and Ka. My sister in law and her husband.
 Below: Hlau and her step child eating ice cream with Paris and Heaven.

It was a fun filled Saturday! Woke up on Sunday at about 7:30 am and came home. We did some lawn work and was going to go for a nature trail walk afterwards but they sky turned on us....so we had no choice but to hold off on our walk. Maybe next time.

There were tornado warnings in our area...the sky went from bright and sunny to dark and scary looking clouds hoovering between Menasha and Appleton. We live in Menasha near the border of Appleton so our side was bright but Appleton was pretty pitch dark! Look at the pictures below:

Picture below: Sky towards Appleton...very dark clouds rolling into Menasha. Beyond the tree is Appleton which it was pitch dark!!
 Below: You can see the dark clouds trying to push itself in.

What a weekend!! I had fun, the kids had fun. Life is good......lols!! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too! This coming weekend is memorial weekend.....can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment