“ Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow. --Imogen Cunningham

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The need to blog..can't sleep.

So for the last couple of weeks now, I can't seem to fall asleep. I don't know if I put myself into this habit of staying up at night and then falling asleep in the morning until mid afternoon. I'm trying to quit this habit but it's so hard. I've tried to just lay in bed and try to draw my mind blank but of course, 15-20 minutes later my mind is racing again and here, back to square one, the tossing and turning starts again.

I thought maybe I might have insomnia but I looked at the definition of insomnia and I don't think I meet this definition.


Insomnia is caused by many different things. The most common causes of insomnia are:

  • Alcohol
  • Anxiety
  • Coffee
  • Stress
Secondary insomnia is caused by a medical condition. Depression is a very common cause of secondary insomnia. Often, insomnia is the symptom that causes people with depression to seek medical help.

Symptoms

  • Difficulty falling asleep on most nights
  • Feeling tired during the day or falling asleep during the day
  • Not feeling refreshed when you wake up
  • Waking up several times during sleep
People who have primary insomnia tend to keep thinking about getting enough sleep. The more they try to sleep, the greater their sense of frustration and distress, and the more difficult sleep becomes.



I think it's stress/anxiety that's causing me to not fall asleep and probably the fact that I put myself into this situation by staying up late in the beginning by watching movies late at night or on the computer. So I decided to go and purchase some sleeping aide pill last night to help assist me so that I can try to "break" out of this non sleeping pattern. I purchased the sleeping pill brand of MidNite. It was $6.99 for a box of 30 tablets. It just dissolves in your mouth without drinking any water or swallowing it whole. A plus for me since I hate swallowing pills.  About 1 1/2 hr later..I think I could feel something so I tried getting into bed for some shut eye..omg...about another 1 hour later and after the tossing and turning...managed to get myself some ZZZZZ. When did I fall asleep? About 2 am.

So, did I get a good nite's rest? Omg....I woke up at 5:00 am to go use the restroom and then layed in bed for an hour to try to get more sleep and of course, tossed and turned, couldn't sleep again. Didn't want to take more of the pills....so I decided to just stay up to blog. Last blog was 04/17/11 so I was due a blog soon anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment