“ Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow. --Imogen Cunningham

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Preview = Red Riding Hood outfit creation

I've been wanting to sew this outfit for awhile now so FINALLY I was able to do some sewing/cutting late Wednesday night into 1 AM Thursday morning. Ahhhh.....tired but feeling INSPIRED!

I was checking online to get some examples of a red outfit and red hooded cape. I just fell in LOVE with these outfits! Check below!!

I Love the puffiness of the dress pictured below, the red fabric with the black see through fabric over the red. It's an absolute beauty. I don't think I can sew this exact outfit but maybe something similar to this. I will have a two piece outfit instead of one probably.


PICTURE BELOW: Here is the hooded cape that I love so much! It's so pretty!! Mine won't be as flowy and spreaded out down at the bottom but it will be similar to this. I'm sewing a very long one just like this pictured one too. This cape in the picture is a velvet material. I'm using a satin fabric instead b/c it's cheaper than velvet fabric.


BELOW PICTURE: My husband helping me cut the fabric for the skirt. Look at his hair!!! What a girl! Awww...he's such a helper! While he's cutting the fabric for the skirt, I'm cutting and piecing together the hooded cape.



PICTURE BELOW: Hooded cape. My husband is my model for now as I don't have a mannequin so please just ignore him..lols! Hooded cape not done yet. Needs a lot more sewing!

(Front view)
 (Side view)
 (Back view)

I should be done with the hooded cape by Thursday night and get started on my skirt! Can't wait!

I bought the fabric for the hooded cape from a thrift store for $2.75 total!! Great deal!
The skirt fabric I bought 4 yards for a total of $23.00 from JoAnne's Fabric.  Not too bad but I thought it could've been a little bit cheaper.

Will probably have the whole outfit done by middle of next week or even sooner depending on how inspired I am...more like how much effort and time I want to put into it! Check back for the end result of it!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL@ Su. omg...suck it in! =p I love the idea nyab! Now hurry up and sew it so you can do your photo shoots; you have so many outfits now, can't wait to see them on models and in pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh coolios, can't wait to see the final product!

    MNT

    ReplyDelete