“ Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow. --Imogen Cunningham

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Summer 2011

Summer is approaching and I'm starting to put together ideas of places that I would love to take the kids. One thing for sure that we really like to do is go to the park and do lots of walking..so that means I really want to take the kids to as many botanical garden in Wisconsin as I can and as many hiking trails that there is. The kids also enjoy swimming too so for sure we'll have to hit the beaches as much as possible too. So far, in the past we've gone to several botanical gardens such as the gardens in Janesville (WI), Madison (WI), Rockford (IL) and Milwaukee (WI). They were all so mesmerizing! 

Every summer, we try to hit the beaches in Manitowac and Sheboygan. So, we definitely have to do this again this summer. It sucks that Appleton/fox cities does not have a nice beach...obviously there is no big lake/ocean to even have a nice beach. We've also gone up to Door County by the Penninsula and swam there at their beaches too. I have to say, Door County is absolutely breathtaking! If you haven't gone there yet, you should definitely try to go there this summer. We try to just drive there at least once per year and enjoy the beautiful scenery. We've also gone to Devil's Lake as well as Milwaukee's beaches too. Fun times, fun times. Can't wait to explore new beaches this summer! I want to try to hit the upper beaches by Michigan. I hear Michigan's beach lines are also very gorgeous!

Besides local areas, we've also taken the kids to Minnesota, Ohio and Florida. We as a family absolutely love road trips!!  I would love to go out of state this summer...but will have to see if it's in our budget.

These are some other things/places that I want to try to visit or do this summer: 
*Light houses (as many as possible)
*Waterfalls....MY FAVORITES!!!
*Devils Lake/Wisconsin Dells
*Strawberry picking/cherry picking
*Milwaukee Zoo
*Mall of America in MN
*Oklahoma
*Picnic by a stream/river and fish.
*North Dakota
*North Carolina

These are just a few...gosh...so many that I can't think of at the moment. Guess they aren't as important as the ones I listed....lols!

Here's a couple of pictures from our past trips/activities.

Picture below: My son Brandon...fishing. We love to fish!!

 Picture below: My daughter Paris...fooling around at the waterfall near Green Bay, WI
 Picture below: Sister in law and all our kids taking a rest at Milwaukee Zoo. A long hard's day of walking and finally.....ICE CREAM!!
 Picture below: We love going to the beach!!
 Picture below: We traveled to Old Man's Cave in Ohio. This place is absolutely astonishing!! We want to revisit this place again!!
 Picture below: We love going to the park and just play, goof around and relax!
From left to right: Selina Pa Chia, Chyna Kashia, Brandon Chonlin, Paris Sanyia, Princeton Koobmoov. They've all grown up since this picture...gosh, they grow up too fast!!

I just hope one day they will want to do the same things with their kids. I know sometimes they drive me nuts..okay, most of the time like 80% they drive me nuts but I do absolutely love them with all my heart and I just wish and pray that they grow up to be good kids. So far so good!

The best inheritance a parent can give to his children is a few minutes of their time each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment