“ Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow. --Imogen Cunningham

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dreams and their interpretations

Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you.  ~Marsha Norman

Do you dream every night like I dream?

I find myself constantly dreaming every night and waking up to remember most of it, if not ALL of them. At first I really never pay attention to my dreams and then I went from NEVER to ALWAYS. It was really starting to drive me insane. Most of my dreams turned real later on so whenever I dream, I had to constantly analyze it. It was like "Oh, I dreamed about this already" like deja vu. It was pretty scary at first but after awhile, I got used to it and now it does not bother me as much. 


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: Déjà vu (French pronunciation: [deʒa vy]  ( listen), meaning "already seen") is the experience of feeling sure that one has already witnessed or experienced a current situation, even though the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain and were perhaps imagined. 
The experience of déjà vu is usually accompanied by a compelling sense of familiarity, and also a sense of "eeriness," "strangeness," "weirdness," or what Sigmund Freud calls "the uncanny." The "previous" experience is most frequently attributed to a dream, although in some cases there is a firm sense that the experience has genuinely happened in the past.[1]

For So many years now,  I've come to know my dreams and some of the meanings/symbols in it. This is because I've dream some of these dreams more than several times and many of these times, it has pretty consistently been actual. I'm still learning from my dreams and through my dreams. They say everyone dreams but only some remember their dreams. Sometimes I wish that i didn't remember them but then again, sometimes I feel very fortunate to even remember them after all. Below will be some or very little dream interpretations that I have encounter in the past. Remember that hmong symbols/dreams and their meanings has different interpretations then American/English ones. So if you would go to a dream dictionary, the American/English one will have a different meaning to it versus the hmong meaning. I shouldn't say NOT ALL dreams/interpretations are different. Once in a while I'll find something in the dictionary that does have similar meanings as well. 

  A couple of these dreams are just from my personal experience and my meaning to them.


TORNADOES:

 Dream: I'm walking at my mom's garden and I see my mom and my cousin's grandma (I call her grandma) gardening. Suddenly there is this huge gray/black cloud overcasting  the whole garden. I got scared and told my mom and grandma to hurry up and go. They said to just wait. I kept screaming at them and finally my mom and grandma started running with me to a nearby shack that they built in the garden. When getting in, I noticed that it was just me and my mom in the shack. There was a window so we looked out and saw grandma in the garden standing there like she didn't want to come follow us. We yelled and screamed for her to run to us but she just stood there. I noticed that there was a tornado fuming behind her and suddenly it picked her up and then came to pick me and my mom up, which we were still in the shack. We were tossed and turned and shook and everything in that funnel. Suddenly our shack was back on ground and my mom and I were okay. We didn't get hurt. My grandma was gone. No sight of her.

 A couple of days after this dream, grandma passed away.

 I've dreamed about so many tornadoes in the past. That was just my first encounter of a tornado dream. At first I didn't know what it meant so I didn't bother with it. But after several dreams about them and realizing the outcome of my dream, I paid more attention to them. I finally realized that when you're dreaming about a tornado that enculfs you in it, it means there's trouble around you, it could even mean death. I realized in that dream that i had, my mom and I were in the shelter and the shelter saved us.  We were saved vs my grandma being engulfed in the tornado herself. 

SNAKES: Someone is being sneaky around you or there is possibly a pregnancy. It could be you if the snake is crawling up you/around you or on you. If you see snakes nearby, it means someone around you or close to you is pregnant. Pay attention to your surroundings in your dream to determine who might be the pregnant one. 

CATERPILLAR: If one bites/pinch you, it means trouble ahead for you. You will hear from someone about trouble or receive something from some one that could cause you to be stressed and troubled.
  
WATER: If the water is murky and is raging, it means trouble. As long as you're not pulled into the water, you should be good but be careful, you might just hear news about something, someone that will disturb you.

 TIGERS/BEARS: They are not good in your dreams. They mostly represent death. I've seen quite a lot of these in my dreams and they usually ALWAYS mean death whether it's someone very close or someone I just know. 

I think this is enough for now. My head is spinning from all this talk about dreams. I hope this helps you out a little bit for those that are new to their dreams or even the ones that don't really pay attention to them. I'm going to leave you with a dream that I just had this morning. YOU tell me what it might means and I'll tell you what I think it will mean..hehehehe. I think I already know it!!!

Dream:  There is this small stream by a park, my husband and I along with another friend couple of ours were driving there to fish. It was right by a park. Husband and our son were by the stream now trying to fish without a fishing pole. I turned around to talk to my friend. Her husband was telling me that they were just here at the same fishing spot and they didn't catch anything because the stream was frozen and it had snow covering it. Just as he said this, I heard my son yelling for me. I looked over and husband showed me some fishes that they caught barehanded. I told my friend that how come they weren't able to catch anything but husband caught some fishes already? That puzzled me but I was happy for my husband and son so we all ran over to them. I woke up. 

I could go on and on about my dreams that I had but lets save them for more blogs in the future. I hope you find this a little helpful and a little fun to read about !!!
 
The dreamer can know no truth, not even about his dream, except by awaking out of it George Santayana quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment