“ Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow. --Imogen Cunningham

Monday, March 12, 2012

EASY COOKING/GRILLING

What my sister in law and I thought was to fill our hungry tummies with pho this afternoon so, we decided to go to the NEW restaurant that just opened up. Basil Cafe, which just opened up about a month or two ago in Appleton, Wisconsin. I'm always skeptical about ordering pho from a new restaurant because I'm picky about my pho. Well, I was hoping it would be good but to my dismay, it wasn't at all what I was hoping for. The price was pretty pricey for a medium bowl of pho and they were quite stingy about the condiments (sauces, black pepper, salt). The broth was just "okay"...it would've been better if they offered the condiments/sauces so that we can create our own taste to it. I would NOT go there again for their pho but I would go there again to just try other dishes. There were other customers there that ordered different selections of dishes and it looked/smelled very good. Wished we had ordered what they ordered instead. So, I only ate a little of the noodle and meat and didn't even finish my bowl. I probably ate only a quarter of it. NOTE: If it was good, I would've gobbled it all up!!!

So, to my dismay I left the restaurant still kinda hungry and NOT satisfied. Came home and cooked myself a late dinner: Grilled chicken rubbed with salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder and chili oil sauce and of course my favorite vegetable, grilled asparagus. Can never get enough of the asparagus!! So easy to make and grill!!

If you have a griller at home, I suggest you use it!!! Here is my recipe and direction!!

1. Chicken breast, cut up thinly. It could be little pieces or a big one but make sure it's thinly sliced (so it can be cooked fully).

2. Just add in your spices such as your salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, chili oil sauce and a lemon squeeze. Mix and put on your grill!!

3. Rise your asparagus or your choice of veggies. Cut off the hard ends of the asparagus. Sprinkle with the same spices and put onto your grill!!

**You don't have to add the garlic chili sauce if you don't want to. I just like mine HOT! 

EASY, FAST and DELICIOUS!!! Of course, you can add any other spices you want to it but I like mine just like this and it tastes awsome!!!

All ready for grilling!!

Ingredients I used. I get my garlic, onion and basil powder from BIG LOTS. They sell it cheap for only $1.00 each!!!

Almost done cooking! Remember to flip your meat and asparagus over too!! 

The finished product. YUMMY!!


So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being.
Franz Kafka

No comments:

Post a Comment